Product Information Management
- What is a PIM?
- Why do you need a PIM?
- For whom is a PIM suitable?
- How does a PIM help in daily life?
- What does a PIM cost?
- Which benefits does a PIM have?
PIM is the acronym for Product
Information Management. A PIM system is
the central source for a company‘s
structured product data.
A PIM is a database for the central maintenance of
product data that can be distributed from there to many
channels. e.g. for print, social media, apps and online shops.
The PIM system uses existing systems as a data source, the
transferred product data is then extended by the marketing
and other departments.
For manufacturers and retailers in the B2B
and/or B2C sector. With a PIM, you have
access to your complete and up-to-date
product information anywhere and any
Product information is often scattered across many
employees, departments and systems within a company.
This results in duplicate data maintenance activities and, last
but not least, redundant data. With the help of a PIM system
you can maintain product data more efficiently and
significantly increase your reaction times on the market.
Thanks to open source, small and medium-sized companies can now also benefit
from powerful PIM solutions. Without
licensing costs and with short implementation times!
The use of PIM systems saves costs for media design and
product data preparation. It enables a good, uniform and
faster product-related customer communication on all
channels. The greatest possible standardization of data
maintenance in a system, in one place, for any required use.
This brings back efficiency into your teams, that are still using
Excel, ERP systems or another complex tools. This will give
you an enormous advantage over your competitors.
BE SMART LIKE MARK
Have a look why Mark is enjoying his work again and why he can finally sleep at ease.
PIM - Features at a glance
- Collecting product information centrally and maintaining it in one place saves working hours and prevents redundant data.
- During data collection, you define which data you want to integrate into your product catalog or output channels.
- Products can be classified and added to various catalogs.
- Product descriptions for international markets can be provided in numerous languages.
- You can check the quality of your data ( up to date, duplicates, completeness, etc.) in the PIM.
- Product information is passed on to various sales channels (e-commerce, print, mobile, marketplaces, etc.).
- If necessary, you can send optimised product information to each individual channel
- Send your data to the web-to-print software to produce printed catalogs with ease
PIM for E-Commerce and Omni-Channel
The store transforms into a showroom, the app extends the counter – customers are becoming more and more demanding and want to be able to find out everything about products at any given time and place. By using a product information management system, you can provide the “appropriate” product information through every customer journey station.
BMEcat is the standard for the digital exchange of product information and catalogue data in the procurement processes. With the BMEcat Import Connector from Vision IT, the processing of importing BMEcat catalogs in Akeneo PIM becomes as simple as it gets
ETIM – with the classification standard ETIM, all participants in the electrical engineering industry use the same product and catalogue database foundation. Every product traded is standardised and defined. ETIM has become a role model for the exchange of product and catalogue data between industry and retailers. This is not only practiced in Germany, but meanwhile in many other European countries. ETIM in Akeneo-PIM – we are making it possible.
The eCl@ss standard for master data enjoys worldwide acceptance and is used within companies, but also by customers and suppliers. eCl@ss is the only data standard for goods and services worldwide that follows ISO/IEC regulations.