JD Edwards Tools Release 9.2.4
Oracle JD Edwards announces major customer-focused product updates to help companies grow their digital business. EnterpriseOne Tools Release 9.2 Update 4 includes Orchestrator enhancements to support digital process transformation, significant usability enhancements, operational simplifications, and updated platform certifications.
- Digital Transformation
- User Experience
- Operational Simplification
- Platform Certifications
Improvements in applications
Customer-focused ERP enhancements continue to build on the extensive business applications already available in JD Edwards EnterpriseOne. These enhancements provide valuable new business logic, simplify business processes and improve usability.
- Human Resources Management
- Order Management
- Localization updates
Tools Release 9.2 Update 4 (9.2.4)
Redesign of the Orchestrator Studio
In Tools Release 9.2.4, a completely redesigned Orchestrator Studio has been introduced to further simplify the process of creating orchestrations for non-technical users, while providing technical users with powerful features for more complex orchestrations. The redesigned Orchestrator Studio offers the following enhancements:
- Top-level access to all orchestration components: When the Orchestrator Studio home page is first launched, users get instant access to all Orchestrator components.
- Graphical flowchart of orchestrations: The Studio now displays orchestrations in a graphical interactive flow model. This allows the user to visualize the logical steps more easily.
- Perform orchestrations directly from the studio: Orchestrations can now be performed directly from within the Orchestrator Studio, eliminating the need to log into a separate Orchestrator Client Tool.
- Sort and Group: The lists of orchestrations, notifications, and their sub-components can now be grouped and sorted in ascending or descending order by name, date, or article number.
- Nested Import and Export: The export and import functions now also extend to nested components.
- Would you like to know more about the new features of Orchestrator? Contact us and we will show you a demo.
New user interface for the Orchestrator Scheduler
The Scheduler offers a wide range of powerful functions for process monitoring and automation. In addition to these features, the redesigned Orchestrator Studio in Tools Release 9.2.4 now offers a graphical user interface that makes it easier to start, stop and monitor scheduled jobs. The Scheduler user interface offers the following functions:
- You can start and stop scheduled jobs with a single click: The Scheduler’s new user interface provides an intuitive page that lists all orchestrations and notifications to which schedules are assigned. A selection button is available for starting and stopping scheduled jobs.
- Monitoring of scheduled jobs: The Scheduler user interface provides a wide range of metrics and status information about scheduled jobs – including the last run time, the next scheduled run time and the status (success or failure) of the last ten runs.
- Autostart: The Scheduler user interface has a button that specifies that a job should be started automatically when the Application Interface Services (AIS) server is restarted.
Improvement of the watchlist in one view
With Tools Release 9.2.4, the watchlist has been extended by the possibility of marking an overview line in an application. This function not only provides more accurate results in watchlists, but also improves the alarm and reporting functions. Most importantly, by regularly creating notifications based on the watchlist criteria, users can focus on other important daily tasks.
Extensibility of forms – Associated orchestration Support in Grid
Tools 126.96.36.199 introduced the ability to start orchestrations from an EnterpriseOne application form. Tools 9.2.4 provides additional functionality by allowing orchestrations to run interactively across each selected line in a grid and to display the output of an orchestration on both header and grid fields. This functionality significantly reduces the repetitive tasks of manually editing raster data sets.
For example, a sales order has 100 detail records and a user must request the column value “Date” for all detail rows and change it to the current date. To accomplish this task, the user could create a new orchestration that uses the order number and today’s date as input values and update the requested “Date” column value of the grid with the output of the orchestration. This orchestration updates the date value of the “Date” column – requested with just one click – for all 100 detail rows to the current date. This capability increases user productivity by processing multiple transactions in real time with a single click in existing interactive applications, without adjustments and dependencies on batch processes.
Security Personalization Form
With the implementation of form security features, the system administrator can now protect form personalization by restricting access to the base form. This feature allows customers to change the user experience for an application via form personalization and secure this new form as the only interface. This also eliminates the need to customize applications to have a mandatory experience for users. Administrators can secure the base form via UDO security.
Color coding of environments
With Tools Release 9.2.4, this extension allows the system administrator to set the color schemes for each environment (production, test, and development) so that users can easily see which environment they are logged into. This extension reduces the number of incorrect entries or transactions made in the wrong environment.
Simplified Orchestrator Studio deployment and security
Orchestrator Studio has not only been redesigned for ease of use, but is also easier to implement, maintain and protect.
- Simplified deployment process: Previous versions of Orchestrator Studio required deployment on Oracle WebLogic Server within an Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF) environment. As of Tools Release 9.2.4, Orchestrator Studio is deployed as a component of the AIS server and is available through a URL endpoint for that server. This extension simplifies the customer’s architecture and management process because Orchestrator Studio does not require a discrete WebLogic or ADF server.
- Orchestrator Studio Certification on IBM WebSphere Application Server: Because Orchestrator Studio is now deployed as a component of the AIS server, it inherits the platform certifications of the AIS server, which includes Oracle WebLogic Server and IBM WebSphere Application Server certifications.
- Simplified security: Secure access to Orchestrator Studio is now aligned with JD Edwards. It is not necessary to add users to an AIS whitelist.
Scalable elastic usage
A new white paper describes how customers can leverage the automatic scaling of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure for Compute Service with container technology to “properly dimension” their computing resources and save infrastructure costs by dynamically and on-demand scaling the workload layer. This paper describes the mechanics of using the autoscaling feature in Oracle Cloud, how this technology is used with container technology, and the concept of the elastic unit to provide a scalable, versatile solution for an EnterpriseOne architecture.
Terraform Stage Server Image on the OCI Marketplace
With the introduction of the Terraform Stage Server on the Oracle Cloud Marketplace an additional automation for the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure is available. This new image replaces manual steps and reduces setup time by accelerating the deployment of the JD Edwards reference architecture through one-click.
Deployment Server 64-bit Enablement for the Deployment Server
The provisioning server can now be migrated to 64-bit. This allows customers to migrate their entire JD Edwards environment to 64-bit. This migration saves time and reduces dependency on hardware resources by eliminating the need to manage 32-bit and 64-bit artifacts, forcing the creation of multiple packages. By migrating their systems to 64-bit, customers are putting their environments to the test, as database, operating system, and other third party vendors only deliver 64-bit solutions.
New consolidation tools
Oracle further simplified the process of continuous innovation and adoption by providing additional tools for managing customizations in UBEs, spreadsheet indexes, and business views. Customers can now compare specifications for UBEs to help them upgrade. In addition, customers can compare and merge adjustments made to business views or table indexes.
File Path Encryption Support for Downloads
Encrypting the FILE_PATH parameter with a site key when writing the URL and decrypting the parameter before downloading a file is now possible for artifacts such as media objects, report definitions, and grid exports. Encrypting file paths with a SiteKey increases the security of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne systems by preventing an attacker from viewing a particular file path, protecting other files on the system from possible attacks.
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne deployments depend on a matrix of interdependent Oracle and third-party platform components. The lifecycle of product support for these components is determined by their vendors, which creates a continuous need to certify the latest versions of these products to provide customers with a complete stack of technologies that are functional, powerful, and supported by the vendors. This tools release includes the following platform certifications:
1) Database 19c
– 32-bit and 64-bit JDE on Linux
– 32-bit and 64-bit JDE under Windows
– 32-bit JDE on Solaris
– For more information, see “The support of Oracle Database 19c (Doc ID 2563489.1)”.
2) Oracle JET 188.8.131.52
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne certifications are published in the Certifications tab under My Oracle Support.
The updated version of the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Statement of Direction platform is published under My Oracle Support (Document ID 7493939393.1). In this document, you will find a summary of current and planned certifications, as well as important information about withdrawn certifications.
You are currently still using Tools Release 9.2.3 and would like to upgrade to the new Tools Release 9.2.4? No problem! Contact us today and we will make you a non-binding offer.
You want to know more about the technical data of Tools Release 9.2.4, read about it here.
Contact us today